Friday, August 1, 2014

Velvety Carrot Soup


I just had to share this recipe. After a week of vacation indulgences and scorching summer heat, I wanted something light, fresh and cleansing, without turning on any heat elements in the kitchen. I had pinned a Quick and Easy Carrot Soup recipe earlier this week and thought it fit the bill.
It is vegan, raw and HEAVENLY!!!!!!
I took liberties and renamed it because Quick and Easy Carrot Soup is not a sensuous enough title for this show-stopper and crazy-good soup. 



Most of my sweet friends know that I never follow recipes exactly. If you'd like the original, unadulterated recipe, which I recommend, clink this link.

I did this!

4 Carrots and 1 Cup of water.
Blend and then strain. Once strained pour juice back into Vitamix container.
1 clove of garlic
1 avacado
1 giant knob of fresh ginger (to your liking, original did not call for it)
2 cans of Coconut Milk
juice of one lemon
splash of Bragg's Amino Acid
1 1/2 TBSP salt free Curry Powder
1 TBSP Celtic Sea Salt
2 tsp pepper

All of these ingredients are just whirled together in the blender.
Easy!
After I poured it into my bowl I added a dollop of the carrot pulp because it's so vibrant, Thai Basil leaves from my garden, Olive Oil drizzled liberally, and sprinkle storm of sea salt.

This Thai Basil flower deserved a close up.

This soup is summer perfection for health-minded food lovers. I believe you could have lots of fun playing with garnishes: sliced avacado, marinated mushrooms, cilantro, sriracha sauce, etc. The kids caught on that I was making something super healthy and decided to make pasta instead.(So much for my attempts to keep the stove off and my family well nourished.) Surprisingly, when they tasted the soup they ended up pouring it over their noodles as sauce. Yes!
It's that good!
I had to share.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment