Tuesday, July 15, 2014

snip, snip, snip!


So our friends were coming over for dinner. It was the perfect night to grill and dine outside. I was quickly trying to wipe down the patio furniture and set the table before they arrived. My cute little succulents had these two tall stems towering over the snug cute flowers I had tucked in just right when I planted. 

They looked ridiculous! Two long skinny, spiny antennas. I ran to the scissors and right before I snipped them off, I noticed tiny, lovely little orange blossoms way up at the top. 

So I didn't snip.

I almost snipped because it didn't look right.

I almost snipped off the prettiest part.

I almost snipped off blossoming beautiful life.

I almost snipped off what the plant is created to do.

And I felt like the garden was talking to me again. 

In parenting, life, business, marriage have I quickly snipped off the blossoms because something didn't fit my original vision? Have I made hasty decisions? Have I been so concerned about what others might think that I cut off something that could have been amazing? Has God asked me to do things that seem or look ridiculous so I opted out? Have I not stepped back long enough to anticipate something blossoming? Snip, snip, snip all through life.

Sadly I probably have. Probably more than once. More likely, a lot. 

Thankfully, I didn't this time! These delicate, precioius, lovely, vibrant little flowers spoke up! They reminded me to pause, step back, and look carefully before I snip! 

2 comments: