Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Smoked Salmon Salad




It's going to be a scorcher tomorrow. I may need to make this salad again! I spent the afternoon in my yard rearranging my garden and did not want to cook a big meal. I had Farmer's Market Smoked Alaskan Salmon with Lemon Pepper crying out from the cooler to be enjoyed.
And- oh jeez!- it was UNBELIEVABLE!*
So I concocted this little twist on Lox & Bagel. 
Of course I don't eat bagels or cream cheese anymore
so this little salad took me about half way to an old indulgence.
It's the kind of salad you make when your girlfriends come over, but no one here complained. If you remember from a few posts back, my family doesn't do salad for dinner unless it's something special.
This is.


Smoked Salmon Salad

spring salad mix
1 english cucumber, peeled cut into 4 hunks, sliced very thin (I used the mandolin)
1/2 purple onion, sliced with mandolin
1 avocado, sliced thin
1/2 jar of capers
1/2 C of fresh dill
juice of 1 lime
Smoked Atlantic Salmon the best quality you can find.
ground pepper

Just layer the goodies starting with the spring mix and finishing off with lime, capers, pepper and dill.

I served with it with some gorgeous sweet snap peas that I blanched for about 45 seconds followed by an ice bath. I also just set the avocado slices at opposite ends because not everyone enjoys them in my family. (I LOVE them and wanted them easy to find!) 

It's dressed with just lime juice and pepper, the salmon is salty enough from the sea and the smoking. I had some homemade ranch dressing that I made over the weekend for my sweet friend Beth's birthday celebration. I set a little on the side for dipping to imitate the sensation of the cream cheese element. It worked!

Simple. Healthy. Light. Fresh. Easy. I have to blog it so I remember it! 

*If you're interested in this Smoked Salmon leave me a comment. I will get information during my next visit to the Farmer's Market for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment