Saturday, February 11, 2012

Strawberry Fields Forever



This was the song going through my head as I lovingly prepared them for their close ups.
Aren't they gorgeous?



Aren't we enjoying this mild winter so far that is still allowing us to enjoy
sweet, juicy, bright strawberries well into February?
I got this tip from my FavoriteIrishFriendClare,
to clean them up and freeze them.
So I cleaned them up.
Sliced off the green tops.
Blotted them dry a bit.



Then put them into small ziplocs by handfuls.



This is so that when I make my Vanilla Protein Shake in the morning
I can grab the perfect portion of frozen
Farmer's Market strawberries.



Saving some money
in the old freezer section of the grocery store,
while having the best fresh tasting smoothy E-VER!!
Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment