Thursday, November 10, 2011

Off the Wagon/On the Wagon





I have another confession
I've fallen off the wagon.
It happens.
However, I don't like the view of the wagon from down here.
I find myself grabbing the long, oversized sweaters,
avoiding the cute new leggings I bought a month ago
and the worst part,
 not returning the call of my sweet WWLeader.
Ugh!
So,
I'm back on! 
You might see some decadent recipes pop up
around here because sometimes,
I just have to do it.
But I am committed that the next 10 recipes I post
will have TuesdayMorning points attached
or I won't post the recipe.
That's a good challenge going into the holidays.
That way,
I will have to eat at least 10 healthy, figure flattering 
recipes myself and that is very important for
establishing good habits.
So here we go.
I ran out of my favorite protein powder and haven't reordered yet,
oh you know I will,
but I've also been lazy about running lately,
so I'm ok without the extra protein for a bit.
It dawned on me in a moment of brilliance
that I made smoothies all the time before I discovered
the AMAZING protein powder I've featured on this blog.





So here is what I used:
1 C Almond Milk (it has protein)
1/4 - 1/2  C of frozen Blueberries
1/4- 1/2 frozen Pineapple
1 Banana
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 TBSP Coconut Oil
pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
 Yield: 3 8oz cups

I would estimate that the point value would be about 4-5pt.
If you omit the coconut oil, probably 2pts.
So good!
Cool, fresh, healthy, sweet, and delicious.
Cheers!
Let's clink our smoothy glasses to climbing back up on the wagon!



No comments:

Post a Comment