Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Apple Peaches Pumpkin Pie

Except without the apples and peaches.
It's October and we're ready. I've been embracing the PUMPKIN!
In fact, I think I can pumpkin-post myself silly this whole week.
Starting Now!


Oh yes.
Pumpkin Pancakes!!!!


Autumn deliciousness on a plate.
And HEALTHY! 
Oh yes.
Gluten Free Baby!

Ingredients Wet:
2 farm fresh eggs
1/4 C Coconut Milk
2 tsp melted coconut oil
1/3 can of pumpkin puree

Blend the above ingredients together in a bowl.

Ingredients Dry:
2 TBSP sifted Coconut Flour
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp aluminum free Baking Powder
couple pinches of salt

Wisk the above together in a bowl.
Heat up your griddle pan and melt a small spoonful of coconut oil.

Combine the wet and dry ingredients.


Drop by spoonful onto the hot griddle. 


In a few minutes they should start popping little bubbles on the top. When that happens flip them over.
Unless, you want to be adventurous like me. Right before I flipped mine over, I stuck two thin ripe banana slices in the soft side. Then I flipped it and it got hot, carmely, and crazy good on the other side. Next time I'll put some chocolate chips in with the banana. I do think you could put any thing fabulous and fruity in there. I bet cranberries would work too for a Thanksgivingish spin. Pecans, golden raisins, blueberries, raspberries, go ahead and experiment. 



Just a few more seconds and they are done. 
I like to set up a little "fixins" platter for my kids.
(pft! "for the kids?!" for ME too! It looks prettier.
After all, we eat with our eyes first, right?"

Same pic as above without the fancy color adjustments

Warm maple syrup, sliced bananas, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, and any other scrumptious topping you like on pancakes.


Oh yes.
Pumpkin pancakes with the fixins! 
And a cup of strong coffee.
Oh, we're ready October.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness... definitely making these..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do Brittny. I really liked them. Calli made them again this morning and didn't save me any :( haha! If I could just add, you might want to double the recipe up.

    ReplyDelete