Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Luxurious Pumpkin Oatmeal

Mmmmm.
Healthy.
TuesdayMorning Friendly.
Delicious.
Easy!


Can this be true?
All these things?
Yes they can!
How so?
Well,
you bring out one of these bad boys!


Ok. I must whine for a moment. Everyone one of my bad boy appliances is broken. My food processor, my VitaMix, and now my slow cooker. RRR!
Well, thankfully they are all broken in cosmetic ways, but I'm starting to take this a little personal. Last night when I pulled this guy out half the handle fell off.
Anyways,
hahahahahahaha
(laugh it off).
Now, we will collect the things we need for this very simple luxurious autumn breakfast.


Ingredients:
1 can of Pumpkin
5 C water
1 1/2 C oatmeal
1/4 cup raw honey
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
couple pinches of Sea Salt
optional decadence:
handful of chocolate chips to stir in when serving
and a teaspoon of coconut oil

Put everything in the slow cooker.
Stir.
Then set to low (I don't even want to say "cook" since it seems unfair to the slow cooker that's doing all the work), all night long, 8 - 10 hours.
As soon as you wake up, 
you can go in there, 
stir up that velvety pumpkin oatmeal which is filling your home with comforting fragrance, 
scoop it up into a bowl,
toss in some chocolate chips-
YUMMMM-
top with a teaspoon of coconut oil,
and
enjoy!


TuesdayMorning friends might like to know that a 1 C scoop of this goodness (before chocolate chips) is only 3 pts.

I like to bring this to school brunches when I want to bring something warm and healthy and I know that I won't be able to spare a minute in the morning. You know those brunches where everyone brings donuts, pastries, muffins, cinnamon rolls, and a fruit tray from the supermarket? Yep. And if you don't plan ahead I'll have no choice but to eat all of that tasty stuff-I convince myself-and then need a nap 30 minutes later, feel all spacey, and be 5 pounds plumper? 
I show up with this and everyone is very happy.
Don't forget to have some mix-ins in little containers ready to go to:
dried cranberries, golden raisins, nuts, or just take it over the edge like me and set the chocolate chips out for the ladies.
It is autumn luxury in bowl.





1 comment:

  1. I am making this. Sounds so yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete