Friday, October 28, 2011

HEALTHY BROWNIES!!!!!


No flour.
No sugar.
No joking.
These are AWESOME!
I stumbles on this recipe when checking in on one of the blogs
that I follow, Fly Through Our Window.
I saw a picture of one of these suckers and
started salivating.
So I immediately collected the ingredients 
and got busy,
bringing that little picture to life.
I'm so excited to serve these to the family
knowing that they are pumped up with protein
and energy-
I might even eat one before my next run.
Well-maybe not.
Maybe AFTER! (big smile).

Here's what you need:


1 1/3 12oz jars of Creamy Almond Butter
1 C of Honey
2 Eggs
1/2 C of Cocoa Powder
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Sea Salt (I actually used a little less because they aren't ground too fine yet)
1/2 of a 3/5 oz. Dark Chocolate Bar chopped

Preheat oven 350
Blend Almond Butter, Honey & Eggs in the standing mixer.


Then add all the other stuff but the chocolate bar.



Fold in the chopped chocolate.

I know this is blurry. I was so excited to try this that I rushed
the photography. I am so sorry.

Pour into a greased (I used coconut oil) 9 x 13 pan.


Bake 20 - 25 minutes.

It's so simple I've already memorized the recipe
and this is the first time I've made them.
I seriously just stumbled on the recipe and had to taste
this brownie that is stuffed with healthy goodness.
I confess, I'm actually making them now,
anticipating how good they will be
and the buzzer went off!
They look awesome!
I'll let you know.


Amazing!
I can't wait to bake these for my gluten free friends.
They will love me.
They are moist,
deep chocolaty rich,
and nutty.
I wondered if the almond butter flavor 
would come through 
and it does in a good
stick-to-your-ribs
kind of way.
It definitely requires a glass of 
ice cold coconut milk
(or whatever you drink).
I'm happy.
Thanks Fly Through Our Window for the great recipe!

1 comment: