Thursday, October 6, 2011

Olie's Pumpkin Smoothy





Day three of my Pumpkin Mania.
I am taking October head on this week and indulging in some of my
favorite pumpkin recipes. Today you get my spin on the 
Pumpkin Smoothy.



Ingredients:
1 1/4 C of milk of your choice 
(I used Coconut Milk)
1/2 C of Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp of Almond Butter
1 sliver of fresh ginger
1/2 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice (adjust to your liking)
1/2 C ice ( I actually used 2 handfuls) 

Directions:
Whirl it all together until smooth and until the ice cubes stop knocking around in the VitaMix container.
Easy.
Of course you could garnish with Nutmeg and that would be wonderful, but I thought I'd like a little sweetness to hit my lips when I took my first few sips, so I sprinkled the Coconut Palm Sugar Crystals on top. They have a molasses/brown sugar vibe to them, so I enjoy using this ingredient. It's a relatively new item to my pantry, but I love it! It is unrefined and has a super low glycemic index. Reading from the back of the container: "For comparison, regular sugar has a GI index of 100, coconut sugar is approximately 35."



No comments:

Post a Comment