Friday, September 16, 2011

8 Balls!



Ooooohh, Do I love these guys!

Zucchini is my FAVORITE veggie of all!
My FAVORITE zucchini of all are these!!!!
8 BALLS!
At least that's what the guy 
I buy them from calls them.
I know they have other names
because I've had 
embarrassing dialogues with grocers 
trying to find them.
If you know some of the other names,
please comment, 
the more I know about them, the better.


I set them up for a mini-modeling session.
These are their close ups.


Coming down the runway.


They are not very professional. 
This is them getting bored and unruly.
Anyways!
I found them this week and I was
HAAAAAAPPPPPPY!!!!!
They are so awesome to grill
because they have some surface area. 
They hang on to the grill,
no slipping through the cracks.
And they fit really well on a hamburger bun,
portobellos, tomatoes or anything
round you want to stack.
And about grilling,
here's a new tip I learned from my
Slice up your zucchini (any variety) and 
let them sit
for a while
till they sweat a little.
I'd Sea Salt them to get it started
but you don't have to.
The natural sweating of the zucchini's creates
a non stick property.
You can throw them on the grill with out
any fatty oil.
I think that's pretty cool!


MMMM. They taste so good.
They take on a buttery nuance when they
are grilled. They get so juicy!
They only need a little oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil, and Sea Salt&Pepper, to be decadent and delicious.
They are not decadent
but they taste like it with very
little intervention.
Sometimes I  might sprinkle a little bit of
Lawry's Seasoned Salt or Paprika for smoky flavor. 
But so not needed.
These are stand alone veggies.

So, tomorrow I am going to post
a scrumptious recipe
that showcases these babies
and one of their yummiest
squash cousins,
Butternut Squash.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment