Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Gift for Teacher


This was too cute!
Calli's "love language" is giving gifts.
I love her "love language"!
So many Christmas' Calli would stuff TrueLove
and I's stockings for us. We'd dig down and pull out things
that she considered treasures from her room
because she wanted us to receive gifts
so much.
I might find a ceramic dog she painted when she was four,
a few gently used bottles of nail polish,
candy left from the previous Halloween,
a makeup brush from my vanity,
a powerbar from the pantry,
some tchotchkes from the top
drawer of my dresser,
and it was all
so
precious!
So last night at dinner she tells me that she's studing
human anatomy 
in Science class and she had an
idea 
to make her teacher a pair of 
DNA Chain
earrings.


Yep.
When Calli is inspired,
she will produce!
So.
Stinking.
Creative.
!
She went and got her pipe cleaners out,
twisting and finessing.
I could hear her
swishing around the bead bowl
searching for just the right
colors
and 
sparkle.
Then she comes out with these!


Her teacher loves to wear theme style earrings.
She has earrings for every occasion, holiday,
theme that you can imagine.
I'm not sure though that 
she has earrings
for studying
DNA.
Today, that will change!
And even though Calli is 11,
she knows that packaging
is everything!
She found a cookie cutter tin
(Calli has her daddy's knack for finding things)
pink tissue
and
ribbon.


Voila!



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Calli!! and that was an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a little heart full with gift-giving love. She inspires me!

    ReplyDelete